Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Patches keeps the skin under it moist, which increases skin permeability. Keeps the active ingredient in place so it doesn’t get rubbed off accidentally. The patch protects your pimple from rubbing and touching, and it keeps the wound moist so it heals faster and better.
An ugly pimple crops up on your face and you have an interview the next day? You could put a little tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide on it, but the spot treatment of the moment are acne patches. Long gone are the days of trying to dry your pimples out with toothpaste and baking soda (both are irritating and could make scarring worse by increasing inflammation).
Six (6) advantages to using acne patches:
- protect your pimple from rubbing and touching (whether you’re doing it subconsciously or just rubbing your face on your pillow at night), which can lead to infection and scarring
- create a moist environment for faster and better healing
- deliver active ingredients to your pimple and the bandage can make them penetrate more effectively
- absorb fluid from your pimple
- protect your pimple from UV light, which can decrease pigmentation
- waterproof, so you don’t need to reapply them every time you wash your face